Air Barrier Systems: Understanding Their Importance and Technologies - 1 LU/HSW
Thursday, February 25, 2021 | 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
Presented by: 3M Building & Construction Markets
AIA credits and certificates for this webinar will be issued by the presenting vendor.
Learn how air barriers can help improve building performance and occupant health and comfort, an important aspect of sustainable design. Air barriers support sustainable design through energy efficiency, building longevity, and air quality improvement. We'll focus on weatherproofing and insulation. You'll also get an overview of air barrier construction in commercial buildings along with design considerations around specification and installation. Learn about the importance of substrate preparation for air barrier performance. Review different materials and application methods, including benefits and considerations. We'll also discuss common application errors and how to correct them. Finally, see how test methods help to verify air barrier performance and learn about typical warrantees to ensure air barrier effectiveness.
- Learn about code Requirements for new construction vs. rehabilitation
- Discuss Types of Construction: Types I – V
- Understand design considerations when selecting an air barrier
- Discover the benefits of air barriers in commercial construction
- Learn how to avoid moisture related problems
- Discuss application methods: peel and stick vs. spray
- Review test methods and validation
- Understand how to avoid common application issues with a review of case studies
About the Speaker
H. Peter Golter, P.E., FICRI
Business Development Manager, 3M Building & Construction Markets
Peter has 30+ years of experience in the construction industry working for manufacturers, consultants, contractors, and design/build firms. He is currently part of the 3M Building & Construction Specified Products team focusing on the building envelope. He is a Licensed Professional Engineer and Real Estate Broker, an active member in various professional associations including ICRI, ABAA, BEC-MN and CSI, and has chaired several technical committees as well as authored numerous technical papers, articles, and presentations.
Work Experience includes: Estimating, project design & engineering, project management, product development, product management, sales, technical services, marketing, management, and business development.
• BS from the Milwaukee School of Engineering in Architectural Engineering (Structural)
• MBA from the University of Chicago in Finance and Business Economics