Friday, March 18, 2016
8:30 am – 9:00 am Check in/Breakfast
9:00 am – 9:10 am Why Masonry? Introduction
9:10 am – 9:30 am Structural Masonry Advantages
9:30 am – 9:50 am Wall Bracing Methods and Solutions
9:50 am – 10:10 am Concrete Block Advantages
10:10 am – 10:20 am Break
10:20 am – 10:40 am Energy Saving Envelopes
10:40 am – 11:00 am Prefabricated Masonry
11:00 am – 12:00 pm Terracotta Rain Screens
12:00 pm – 12:10 pm BAC Local 2 Labor Availability
12:10 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch
VistaTech Center at Schoolcraft College
18600 Haggerty Road
Livonia, MI 48152
While the seminar and lunch are free, registration (on the right) is required.
Deadline to register is Friday, March 11, 2016
The International Masonry Institute, Signatory Mason Contractors, Suppliers, and Michigan Structural Masonry Coalition are coming together to explore and discuss “Masonry Options and Solutions”. Topics include:
• What are the properties of masonry and how do they benefit me?
• Why is block so versatile and when should it be used?
• Unique wall bracing
• Energy saving envelopes
• What are the structural options and limitations with masonry?
• Prefabrication with block?
• Everything you want to know about terracotta rain screens
• Q & A
• Agnes Arbuckle, International Masonry Institute
• Scott Walkowicz, Walkowicz Consulting Engineers
• Todd Dailey, Dailey Engineering
• Dan Zechmeister, Masonry Institute of Michigan
• Michael Bertolin, Leidal + Hart Masonry
• Paul E. Koch & Jim Gendron, Constructive, LLC.
• Kyle Lochonic, Davenport Masonry, Inc.
• Jennifer Marchesani, Shildan
• Chuck Kukawka, BAC Local 2 Michigan
Facility Managers, Construction Managers, Building Owners, Distributers, Manufacturers, Specification Writers, Architects, Engineers, Signatory Contractors, and Design Students
For more information contact Agnes Arbuckle at (734) 944-7766 or Aarbuckle@imiweb.org
This program meets AIA/CES criteria for 3 LU/HSW learning units, which will be reported directly to AIA.